What to eat? Make home cooking a delicious Mother's Day brunch a breeze with Strawberry Banana Pancakes! This version uses coconut flour and coconut milk. It is sweetened with fruit and pure maple syrup.
🤍 If you love this recipe, please share it🤍
🌿🌿Fabulous Meal Plans + Quick & Easy, Tasty Recipes = A Great Day! 🌿🌿
STRAWBERRY BANANA PANCAKES
Prep time: 10 minutes / Cook time: 20 minutes / Serves: 2
1 large egg 2 egg whites 1½ T. pure maple syrup 3 T. very mild olive oil 1 t. pure vanilla extract ½ c. coconut milk 1/3 c. coconut flour, sifted ½ t. baking powder Pinch salt 3 T. coconut oil, divided 1 large banana, sliced (optional) 2 c. fresh raspberries (optional) Real maple syrup, for serving
To avoid lumps, sift the coconut flour before adding to the batter. If you don’t have a sifter, pour flour into a fine-mesh sieve and gently shake over the bowl.
1. In a large mixing bowl, whisk the egg, egg whites, maple syrup, olive oil, and vanilla extract until smooth. Pour in the coconut milk and whisk to combine.
2. Add the sifted coconut flour, baking powder, and a small pinch of salt. Gently fold in the dry ingredients without overworking the batter.
3. Melt about a teaspoon of coconut oil in a large, hot non-stick skillet or griddle and pour 2-3 tablespoons of batter per pancake. Cook until the pancakes are set and the edges turn a deeper golden color, around 1-2 minutes.
4. Flip and cook the remaining side another 1-2 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from heat and repeat this process with the remaining batter.
5. To serve, stack several pancakes. As desired, top with sliced banana and raspberries, drizzle with real maple syrup and plate with a side whipped cream on the side.
Live, Love, Chat and Eat,
Kate & Crew