What to eat for dessert? Lemon Fig Olive Oil Cakes is not your ordinary cake recipe! It delivers exquisite taste by combining the flavor of figs with a pop of lemon. Instead of the usual refined sugar and flour, this simple clean eat uses almond flour and honey. Enjoy topped with a spoon of Easy Homemade Vanilla Fig Jam as a light dessert or a delicious snack.
This recipe goes well with our Vanilla Fig jam.
🤍 If you love this recipe, please share it🤍
Prep time: 10 minutes / Cook time: 18-22 minutes / Serves: 4
Lemon Fig Olive Oil Cakes | Delicious Dessert Idea
Non-stick cooking spray
2 large eggs
¼ c. honey, preferably local
3 T. extra-virgin olive oil
2 t. organic lemon zest
2 T. fresh lemon juice
1¼ c. almond flour
½ t. baking powder
¼ t. baking soda
¼ t. salt
1/3 c. chopped figs
For Serving, Combine
½ c. Mascarpone cheese
2 T. honey, preferably local
1. Preheat oven to 350°F and spray 4 cups in a jumbo muffin tin with some non-stick spray. Set aside.
You can also use a smaller muffin tin to make 6-8 cakes. For smaller cakes, check for doneness after 15 minutes.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, honey, olive oil, lemon zest, and lemon juice until combined. Set aside.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the almond flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Slowly fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Continue stirring until the batter is smooth and lump-free.
4. Stir chopped figs into the batter until thoroughly incorporated. Divide batter among the 4 jumbo muffin cups and place the pre-heated oven to bake until the cakes are golden brown on top and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, approximately 18-22 minutes.
5. Remove from oven and cool for 5-10 minutes before removing from muffin tin. Serve immediately with some honey-sweetened mascarpone cheese and homemade vanilla fig jam, if desired.
Live, Love, Chat & Eat